Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-settings.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class BPDB in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php on line 183

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_lvl($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_lvl($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_el($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_el($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Object_Cache in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-object-cache.php on line 285

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-http.php on line 67

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http_Cookie in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-http.php on line 1633

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/mo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Users in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-users.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class BP_Roles in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.bp-roles.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Auth in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-auth.php on line 36

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Dependencies in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-dependencies.php on line 33

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Taxonomy in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 36

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 26

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::prefix() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 46

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::prefix() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 46
<br /> <b>Strict Standards</b>: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in <b>/home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php</b> on line <b>9</b><br /> We need Poppy Seeds! « Poppy Swap Forum

Poppy Swap Forum (Home) » Barter Zone

We need Poppy Seeds!

Hi fellow swappers~

We are in search of Poppy Seeds. Do you have any for sale?

Papaver rhoes, (red shirley poppy)

Eschscholzia californica (red or yellow)

Papaver somniferum

Or, do you have any other poppies in your stash?!

We are looking for 1/2 lb to 1 lb and we want to support our fellow swappers first before we go to a seed company~

Feel free to post here or email me direct at: kristie@spirithorseherbals.com

Thanks y'all!

*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸*´¨( Kristie {Spirit Horse Herbals} PoppySwappin' @ http://www.poppyswap.com/shop/SpiritHorseHerbals

Replies to this topic

• greenjourney
  • greenjourney

We offer some fabulous poppy seeds in our store, in seed packets.

Here are the links for the two species we offer.

http://www.poppyswap.com/login.asp?return=detail.asp%3Fid%3D1897

http://www.poppyswap.com/login.asp?return=detail.asp%3Fid%3D1472

We do not sell these in bulk. What are you needing these for, I wonder? Perhaps I can give you a lead?

I just wrote to Kiki that I am taking a poppyswap forum fast starting today, but wanted to look one last time just now. And you asked, so...

You can reach me directly by email should you like to discuss this further?

Aline Crehore, Green Journey Seeds
In Plants We Trust
http://www.poppyswap.com/shop/greenjourneyseeds
  • greenjourney
  • greenjourney

We are deep in the process of sorting and cleaning our 2011 harvest of seeds for the new year. It's been slow going, since I've devoted a large amount of time to getting our poppyswap store ready for spring sales. We met Betsy G. at the seed swap last month and for the past 2 days, she has joined us to learn the craft of seed cleaning. The gift of her labor and the blessing of her interest in our seed work is energising, and I realise this knowledge I've gained over the last 17 years of seed saving is a rare commodity in our fast paced world. Thank you, Betsy, for seeking us out, your impulse to serve is admirable and precious.

And so, I just had to give up my favorite forum time to teach seed lessons.

Kristie, you are looking for organic poppy seeds for planting?
Did you know that 1/2 pound of poppy seeds contains half a million seeds more or less depending on the species?
For your own garden, a single packet of our seeds will suffice, and it is a bargain at $3./pack less 10% right now.
We are generous in our quantities, giving a minimum of 300 seeds of the P. somniferum, and 200 seeds of the P. rhoeas. If this is not enough, I can offer you a double quantity in one packet for only an additional dollar.
Horizon Herbs has the California poppy at 500 seeds for $2.95. Bountiful Gardens has them at 1000 seeds for $1.75. These don't do well for us, but we keep trying.
But the best reason to buy organic poppy seeds from us is the bounty of colors and forms we provide. We have been selecting and reselecting these to create our mixes. They are favored and crossed by honeybees, and serve as an important bee forage plant. If you just want red, try Horizon's Turkish Red. We stay away from it because it tends to dominate at the expense of other more interesting colors and forms.

You can easily grow a half pound of seeds starting with just one packet. In our region, we begin planting in January.
You may need to wait until the snow melts?
Your fellow swapper,
Aline

Aline~

Thank you so much for your kind response and all of your beautiful information. I look forward to shopping for herb seeds from you this spring. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE seeds. We started a seed lending library right here in our little 'ol town last summer and every year we have a seed swap potluck at the school to kick of the gardening season.  Such a beautiful thing to share with the community AND nothing beats seeds that are adapted to our very own bio-region. Yes!

The ONLY reason we (Poppy Swap) are unable to purchase seeds from you is simply because the project we are working requires seed in bulk and we don't want to waste all of your wonderful seed packets because we don't need them.

Thank you again!

Kristie

You must log in to post.