Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-settings.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class BPDB in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php on line 183

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_lvl($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_lvl($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_el($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_el($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Object_Cache in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-object-cache.php on line 285

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-http.php on line 67

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http_Cookie in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-http.php on line 1633

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/mo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Users in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-users.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class BP_Roles in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.bp-roles.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Auth in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-auth.php on line 36

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Dependencies in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-dependencies.php on line 33

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Taxonomy in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 36

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 26

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::prefix() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 46

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::prefix() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 46
<br /> <b>Strict Standards</b>: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in <b>/home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php</b> on line <b>9</b><br /> Review of the Internationl Herb Symposium « Poppy Swap Forum

Poppy Swap Forum (Home) » Community Events and Education

Review of the Internationl Herb Symposium

Hi All,

I’ve been meaning to write a little review of my experience at the International Herb Symposium this year in Massachusetts.  Here it goes.

One word. AMAZING!

1. Location is awesome.
  2. Sleeping in a dorm was totally retro and fun.
  3. Food was fair, but WHO CARES when you are so FULL from so much love and information from so many wonderful people.
  4. The quality of the information taught was incredible. You could immerse at any level you wanted from crafting herbs for home use, to enhancing your clinical intake skills, to learning ancient Shamanic teachings from wise wo/men. Many different traditions of herbalism were represented. The caliber of teaching was SUPERB! I was so excited because this year was the first year they offered a vet track with vets and herbalists teaching how to connect our plant friends with our animals friends. FINALLY!

This was the first herb symposium I had ever attended. EVER. I decided to volunteer and do work-study as a way of getting to know people more intimately and quickly as I went solo and didn’t know anyone. I think this was a GREAT choice on my part. I do love traveling solo and the inherent freedom to find my own rhythms. I met so many wonderful people. No matter if I walked to the bathroom, to the cafeteria, out of my dorm room, or to a class, I always ended up meeting up with some incredible person on the path. Cool metaphor, ain’t it?

Highlight of the event:: 6:00am one morning I’m half asleep and walk out of my dorm room and right there in the hallway as I stumble out is Rosemary Gladstar in her pajama’s! She is so totally gorgeous even first thing in the morning in her p.j’s! Point being, while there were probably 700 people there, it is still such an intimate event. Everyone is warm and welcoming. What a treat~ 

Now being home it is obvious that Poppy Swap is becoming the on-line, on-going, herb symposium for ALL of us! We can keep the connection and knowledge sharing going 24/7 no matter where we are!

In September I’m headed to Traditions in Western Herbalism in New Mexico. I’m very excited to connect with a community of herbalists a little bit closer to home -- I live Colorado~ If you have any questions, please feel free to ask

Xo

Kristie

*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸*´¨( Kristie {Spirit Horse Herbals} PoppySwappin' @ http://www.poppyswap.com/shop/SpiritHorseHerbals

You must log in to post.