Poppy Swap Forum (Home) » Sellers- Poppy Swap Features and Marketing Tips

Poppy Swap Sellers: 21 Marketing Stats That Will Blow Your Mind

Bringing my marketing mistress side alive today and sharing with you an interesting article: 21 Marketing Stats That Will Blow Your Mind.

The article and the data that it is reporting is relevent to ANYONE who has an internet business, including all you Poppy Swappers!

Is there any particular stat that surprised you?... Any sense of how this information might influence how you do business online? How you might or might not change your online selling/marketing tactics?...

Would love to hear from our Swappy Sellers!

xo

Kristie

*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸*´¨( Kristie {Spirit Horse Herbals} PoppySwappin' @ http://www.poppyswap.com/shop/SpiritHorseHerbals

Replies to this topic

• good4you
  • good4you

hey kristie and all <3's on poppyswap

stat 8. and 21. really stood out to me ::

8) By 2016, more than half of the dollars spent in US retail will be influenced by the web. (Source: Forrester Research) Commerce is shifting more and more online. Make sure that you have a method to easily sell your product or service online.

21) 91% of online adults use social media regularly. (Source: Experian) Social media is fully integrated into communication culture. Make sure it is an integrated part of your marketing strategy, too.

it's crazzzyyy! thanks so much for finding these interesting facts about how the internet is growing, changing how we find info and buy goodies !

Yes, Miss Geko, those blew my mind as well! I thought this one was of particular interest as I know we are all wondering how much is too much on Facebook and too little.

The more posts per day, the less engagement -- when a brand posts twice a day, those posts only receive 57% of the likes and 78% of the comments per post.

• good4you
  • good4you

hey kristie . in translation .... do u think it's best to post only once a day ? <3 ... i sense i must find a better balance with more meaniful and inspiring posts !

It would seem that is what that statistic is alluding to, but I would recommend keeping an eye and reviewing your own stat's on your FB page. This will be more revealing to you, I believe.

I'm personally still finding my way w/ FB. All the marketing journals recommend having a 'strategy'/plan with your posts. And have that plan be integrated into your overall communications plan. In otherwords, be a part of what your blog, website, schedule is and have them play off of /work with each other. But I'm busy with my hands in the dirt and working 3 jobs. I don't have time to make a plan right now as i know many herbalists (the world!) are in the same boat.

So...what I fall back into is trusting the innate flow of it all. When I FEEL inspired to share something, I do. If I don't feel it, I don't. Nothing like putting out wonky energy to the world by posting something that you just aren't into. What would we be saying then? :-) This is my offering/support to you. To everyone. The meaningfull posts you refer to come from within, not from the "I shoulds" of the mind. I'm not saying you were coming from this place but I know for myself that I will read things like this and feel anxiety about all of the things I should be doing. Yeah, a constant reminder to let that stuff go!

Don't doubt yourself San Geko, your photos, posts, and musings are always joyful to read!~

xo

Kristie

• good4you
  • good4you

hey kristie ! oh man . ur words have inspired once again ! so i did a lil' experiment on my fb page and found that yes ! it is better to post less, but more so post things that feel right to u, not for the sake of posting . i have also found that facebook has it's own crowd, opposed to tumblr, twitter, blogspot, flickr, etc . i have to really think about what i want to share, catering it to my facebook audience . however, with tumblr, i can pretty much post anything because it is more like my inspiration board and i don't mind if people aren't reponsive . on fb, it's as if responses matter even more ! the 'likes' are like super important or something to one's facebook success . i think posting on facebook has to really stay true to ur brand, and then people will really become loyal fans . posts that are yours and share your journey are the best . . . the posts that truly inspire people ! i like to take pictures everyday . sometimes it can be a little straining when i just want to pass the time without taking pictures, but i know the potential as to how far one pic can go to inspire others . so along with the herb work i do , a pretty sigificant amount of my time goes into blogging . i think that poppy swappers should know that in order to be successful online, we really have to share our stories by using social media . this internet market is such a growing wave on the ocean that we can ride right now ! 

• FrancineB
  • FrancineB

To be honest, I was blown away by most points on the list...I find it amazing how most people seem to be so driven by technolgy and for such a large portion of the day! Personally, I could happily live without my (basic) cellphone and spend most of my time outdoors and interacting with people on a one on one basis. Frieds Seems like I'm in the minority! :)

I love what you said about only posting when it feels right for you. I believe far content more would be looked at and followed if that was the case with everyone, as the quality would be amazing, and you wouldn't be overwhelmed by new content flooding your way. I started out doing all of this, but have decided to hand it all over to a company that is experienced in how the social media thing works, and have the time and staff to pull it off for me. I'm currently looking at Brandvocates, who do all the commenting, FB, Youtube, PR presence, etc. I just felt like the marketing side was pulling me away from what I truly want to be doing and the money spent opens up so much extra time for me to generate income with my service instead.

Loving your site and your positivity! Smile

• mojoloco7
  • mojoloco7

I think the other thing that helps a lot is to consider what you would want to see if you were the customer. It's interesting to see how different companies in similar industries interact using social media. Some companies try to generate more customer interaction/discussion by asking specific questions on FB while other companies post links/photos that may not encourage a lot of discussion but are much more, I don't know, focused? appropriate? less fishing for likes/comments?

While I do love the accessibility that social media provides, I also don't like to wade through a bunch of crap every time I log in to a site so I prefer less posts that are specific and to the point, even if they're slightly off topic. It's obvious when people are posting just to post. Sometimes looking at other companies can help you understand what you do and do not like, which can translate to what your customers like as well.

I do agree that ultimately you should do what feels right for you and your customers since your business and your interaction with the customers is a reflection of your relationship with them.

You must log in to post.