Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-settings.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class BPDB in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php on line 183

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_lvl($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_lvl($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_el($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_el($output) in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Object_Cache in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-object-cache.php on line 285

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-http.php on line 67

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http_Cookie in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-http.php on line 1633

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/mo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Users in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-users.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class BP_Roles in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.bp-roles.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Auth in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-auth.php on line 36

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Dependencies in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-dependencies.php on line 33

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Taxonomy in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 36

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 26

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::prefix() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 46

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::prefix() should not be called statically in /home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 46
<br /> <b>Strict Standards</b>: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in <b>/home1/lotusnhc/public_html/community.poppyswap.com/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php</b> on line <b>9</b><br /> New Facebook Timeline Tips « Poppy Swap Forum

Poppy Swap Forum (Home) » Sellers- Poppy Swap Features and Marketing Tips

New Facebook Timeline Tips

Greetings Sellers~

We've been learning a few tricks with the new Facebook timeline. I wanted to share a few of them with you today.

Did you know you can upload a PDF document to your Facebook page? Check out the app (by searching for it on Facebook) called Scribd. It rocks! We're using it for our free ebook on the Poppy Swap Facebook page.

Want to custom edit tab names? Such as your app for your store, newsletter sign up or blog feed? Click here to learn how! This website is full of free information on how to rock Facebook.

Want to customize the image for a tab? Click here and she'll take you through a step-by-step process complete with pictures and diagrams.

We've also been learning that turning the cover photo into a promtional area works! Consider creating a custom photo that highlights a current sale in your Poppy Swap store, new product, photos of your apothecary/medicine-making/harvesting process, etc. People LOVE to get a sneak peek inside! Use that large cover photo with intention. It works!

What else have you been learning with the new Facebook timeline? Let's help each other out, share your experience here!

xo

Kristie

*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸*´¨( Kristie {Spirit Horse Herbals} PoppySwappin' @ http://www.poppyswap.com/shop/SpiritHorseHerbals

Replies to this topic

• good4you
  • good4you

ahh ! very helpful . thanks kristie ! <3

Here is another article I came across that highlights different ways businesses can maximize Facebook for their marketing/promotional efforts~

http://www.openforum.com/articles/10-tips-on-using-facebook-to-boost-business?extlink=em-openf-SBdaily

• mayamade
  • mayamade

yay! thanks for the article and infomation. i was just working on networking and website stuff today so this is very fortuitous.

http://www.poppyswap.com/shop/mayamade or you can go to my (still working on it site) at http://www.mayamade.net <3 love the plants, love each other.

Pictures pictures pictures are essential. People llike to look at things more than read things on facebook I've realized. And even more so.... videos really catch people's eye. When I see that 'play' button on facebook to watch a video that might look interesting, I can't help but push it!

.:. jamesfromthewoods .:.

Agreed, James. And... we know that people love to watch those DIY/How-to Herbal videos. Planting another seed for the swappers!

• Boline
  • Boline

Yay for these!

I was wondering if PoppySwap will be offering an app allowing people to post their storefronts on their FB pages. Etsy has one that I use for Boline but I would like to put up one for PS permanently. Is that in the works?

Boline: Witch made remedies, both medicinal and magickal, in Columbus, Ohio.

Hi Boline~

Yes, an app is in the 'works'... We think this will be a fantastic tool for our Swappers!

As of right now you can check out my FB page. I paid to have my programmer create this for me. The app we create will look similar to this.

http://www.facebook.com/SpiritHorseHerbals

Thanks for the suggestion! We welcome any input!

Kristie

You must log in to post.