Poppy Swap Forum (Home) » Barter Zone

Nettle Seed Harvest!

• admin

Hi All, I just wanted to put the word out that I am doing a big Nettle Seed harvest this weekend.  Kristine of Herbal Root Zine and I are going to do a barter and I thought I would offer it out to others who don't have the abundance that I take so for granted here ;)

Let me know!! Kiki

Kiki
~bring people herbs~
poppyswap.com

Replies to this topic

Too cool! Whatchya gonna do with your nettle seed?

*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸*´¨( Kristie {Spirit Horse Herbals} PoppySwappin' @ http://www.poppyswap.com/shop/SpiritHorseHerbals
  • admin
  • kiki

Here's an article I wrote a few seasons back on Nettle Seeds

xox

I would love some! Messaging you privately right away :).

• admin
  • kiki

Carolina! I just viewed your herbs again! You must know I would be interested in the Artemesia! 

I will send along some A. sucksdorfii for you too! 

I can't wait to experience the Thuscula!

I would love some, Kiki. 
I have some dried SJW flowers, a little dried mimosa, lots and lots of elderberries, and a bit of holy basil that I've got put up. 

What would you like to swap for?

Tina

• admin
  • kiki

mimosa and tulsi....yip yip yipee!!!

mimosa in TCM is He Huan Hua "collective happiness flower" Laughing alrighhht!

One traditional use is to have it prepared in formulas before and during wedding ceremonies. The most beautiful blooms, yes?!

I love mimosa.  I usually use it in tincture, but have dried some for teas - so I'll pass some along to you.

The holy basil - same thing.

I discovered them both several years ago when I started taking care of a terminally ill relative in my home.  It was beyond overwhelming emotionally.  Using these two herbs in conjunction really made such a big difference.  I'll forever be indebted to them.
I'll send them out tomorrow.  Looks like our mail is happening again now that the floods are mostly going back into their banks :-)
My address is on the magazine.... I have yours.

COOL!

• admin
  • kiki

WAY COOL!

great idea to use them together. holy basil really hits my sweet spot. 

thanks Tina! I'll harvest tomorrow and dry the seed then send it ;))

just a few give quite a zing! actually might be interesting to combine the nettle seed with holy basil, kind of a harmonic similar to what we look for when blending formulas "chinese style": the seeds lift the kidney energy, the tulsi stabilizes.....that way no dramatic shifts to the energy system....just an idea....:)

I've been wanting to try nettle seeds for a while.  Nettles is one of the only things I've had trouble dragging onto our farm so far.  My brother-in-law keeps things so well around here that it is sometimes difficult to have wild places unless they're in the deep woods.  My yard is mostly used up!  I have a tiny patch next to my front door that I planted this year, and so far so good. 

Your package is in the mail :-)

Post Meta

Latest reply from essentialherbal

You must log in to post.