It’s time for a Poppy Swap contest!
Summer has brought an abundance of delicious, local foods. We all love our farmer’s markets, and many of us have the pleasure of dipping into the delicacies found right in our own backyard!
Here at Poppy Swap headquarters, James has been using salal right off the bush in various dishes in the kitchen. The inspiration for this contest came one misty morning when Kiki caught a whiff of him cooking up some hearty oatmeal. The kitchen crock pot was already rumbling with the sweet, vanilla musk of chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) and this special serving of oats was creatively prepared in a base of chaga tea instead of the typical spring water. Boiled over open flames, topped with grass fed butter, sprinkled with salal straight from the backyard and drizzled with local star thistle honey, this was not your average porridge!
- Post a recipe on our Facebook Page, AND send an email to email@example.com for the tastiest, most locally derived dish that you’ve created this summer. The whole point of this contest is to expose our audience to what is regionally growing in different areas of the country, and develop our palate for wild and healthy foods! Please limit your star ingredients to your town farmer’s market, backyard, or local foraging area! Include all of the ingredients and directions; we want the juicy details!
- Post a photo with your recipe of your beautiful creation for all to see!
- Post a link of our contest on YOUR facebook and/or twitter feed.
- The last day to submit is September 22nd, the Autumn Equinox!
- Make sure to “like” Herbal Revolution’s facebook page!
The winning recipe of the contest will receive an incredible fall care~package from our sweet Swapper Kathi Langelier of Herbal Revolution!
GOOD LUCK! AND LET THE BEST PLATE WIN!