Wednesday, July 18th, 2012

“The Dandelion Seed Conference: Herbs for Community and Social Healing”

The Dandelion Seed Collective is a community-based organization in Olympia, WA. Our mission is to encourage holistic health on a personal, ecological, and community level.

We at the Dandelion Seed Collective see community herbalism becoming an increasingly powerful social force. This conference is intended to catalyze this work and contribute to the emerging conversation on social and ecological health by conducting workshops, sharing stories and experiences of community projects and programs, as well as offering a foundation of support to help move this work forward.

We see community herbal practice as something that empowers and inspires both social and ecological health. Community herbalists everywhere help people learn practical tools for self and family care, as well as help mobilize community health resources. In these times where many people are losing the social safety nets that they’ve relied on, this kind of community-based health care helps us take care of our own again. In this way, it strengthens the social fabric.

In addition to providing people with practical, accessible tools to maintain health and prevent disease, community herbal practice broadens our ecological awareness. When we learn about plants–be they in sidewalk cracks, our backyards, or an old growth forest–we learn to recognize diverse forms of life, their contributions to the planetary ecosystem, and the importance of biodiversity. Herbal education and practice reconnects us to our place, and calls us home.

This is what we intend to support with the conference: community-based action, social justice, and herbal education. But most of all, we empower herbalists to pursue positive, creative social change and bring herbal practice to the next level.

Presenters will include:

• Paul Bergner
  • Elise Krohn
  • Corinne Boyer
  • Erico Schleicher
  • Joyce Netishen
  • Heron Brae
  • Sean Donahue
  • and more!

Come enjoy a weekend of talks, plant walks, and herb swaps. We will be focusing on how and why we use herbal medicine, in our lives, at this point in time, for comminity and social healing.

Classes will be Friday evening through Sunday afternoon. Saturday night will feature an evening event with music, cordials and desserts following the keynote presentation. Sunday after the final presentation, we will gather for an herb swap.

This is a great opportunity to connect with herb-enthusiasts and help spread the seeds of this ancient and vital knowledge of plant medicine.

DATE: September 21 – 23, 2012

REGISTRATION: Click here to find out more about registering for this event!

07/18/12 | Category: Featured Stores and Herbalists, Green Dirt, Poppy Swap, Recipes and Ramblings

3 Responses to Dandelion Seed Conference! A New Event in the NW

1. Meg Turner says:

Would love to sign up for this one. Can you tell me what the cost is? Didn’t see anything on the flyer.

2. Sue says:

I would have loved to attend this since it is in my neck of the woods but I will be returning that week from the Traditions conference. If you do it again, I hope you can consider a different month.

Good luck!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

In an effort to prevent automatic filling, you should perform a task displayed below.