Monday, April 2nd, 2012

Mountain Gardens is a botanical garden of useful plants, specializing in Appalachian and Chinese medicinal herbs. The founder, Joe Hollis, grows herbs, makes and sells herbal medicines, holds workshops, and even has an apprenticeship program!

“For the past 25 years, I have been engaged in developing a Paradise Garden on several acres of mountain woodland in western N. Carolina. For me, Paradise Garden is both a place to live and a way to live, and, above all ‘visionary ecological theater.’ I am trying to act on deep instincts and archetypal images related to human habitat and niche as a way of providing a sustainable values system with sufficient appeal to challenge the dominant consumer culture.

I am more interested in providing a service and a facility for persons who want to heal themselves with plants, in trying to develop a model for a garden/pharmacy to serve the needs of a local area. ” – Joe Hollis

To find out more about Mountain Gardens, click here to travel to their website!

04/2/12 | Category: Herb Growers

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

In an effort to prevent automatic filling, you should perform a task displayed below.